The IPC Library and Information Division is the well developed and enriched with valuable collections. IPC Library is specialized in terms of their collections which are Pharmacopoeia and National Formulary. The Library has an excellent collection of Pharmacopoeia of different countries and reference books in the field of Drugs, Pharmaceutical Sciences and other related areas for catering to the need of the users. The Library has also a good collection of bound volumes of journals. These bound volumes of journals are kept in a separate Periodical Section.
At IPC Library it is our continuous endeavor to provide users with the best possible high quality knowledge resources and to this end, the library is continuously updated with latest information sources and services so as to assist users in keeping up with the current and contemporary issues. The Library continuously increases its resources (both online and printed form) and services for providing valuable information to support Scientific, Pharmacopoeial, Administrative work which is useful to the Scientists, Officials and Researchers, etc. The IPC Library is an institutional member of DELNET, through which we can access a huge amount of e-resources for our users.
We regularly provide various alerting services to our users to make them aware with the new additions of resources and current information on related subject areas through Current Awareness Service (CAS) and Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI) services from time to time.
- To identify, acquire, organize, preserve, and provide access to pertinent recorded knowledge to Scientists, Officials, Researchers and all users engaged in official and research activities.
- To be a hub of knowledge creation that priorities the frontier areas of national and global importance.
The mission of Library & Information Division is to facilitate access to quality information resources and services in the field of Drugs & Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacovigilance, Research & Development and other related areas for support IPC Scientists, Officials and Researchers to update regularly the Drugs Standardization commonly required for the treatment of diseases prevailing in this country. To fulfill this mission, the Library commits:
- To build a strong collection in the fields of Drugs Standardization, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacovigilance, Materiovigilance, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Instrumentation, Research & Development and other related areas.
- To promote intellectual growth, creativity by developing collection, facilitating access to technical information resources, critical evaluation skills and offering research assistance.
- To ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collection and resources.
- To create hospitable physical and virtual environment for study, research and training.
- To provide access to high quality scholarly information resources, user-focused services, physical and online spaces.
- To provide computer generated Current Awareness Service (CAS) and Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI) services to keep users up to date about current developments in the related areas.