1. Working Hours
Working Hours- The library shall remain open to the officials of IPC on all working days except on National and Gazetted Holidays as under:-
Timing of Library & Information Centre
Library remains open, from 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days.
2. Admission to the Library
- All the Officials of the IPC are allowed to the library. Outsiders may be allowed with the prior permission of the Secy.-cumSc. Director.
- All users shall sign in the visitor register at the entrance.
- Personal belongings such as bags, umbrellas, books, etc. must be left at the table at the entrance. For making notes they may take a note book or a few sheets of white paper.
- User (s) shall Switch-off their cell phone while entering the library.
- Absolute silence shall be observed inside and in the vicinity of the library.
- No individual (s) allowed to sleep in the library premises.
The individual (s) liable for penalty if they either misbehave or damage the books or any other property of the library.
- No tracing or mechanical reproduction of materials shall be made without the prior permission of the Lib. & Information Officer.
- Individual (s) shall not misplace books from their positions in the almirah.
- All outgoing publications will have to be shown to the Library Attendant.
- Photocopying services shall be available for the IPC Library materials free of cost after making necessary entries and signing in the log-book of photocopy.
- Individual (s) is/are responsible for complying with copyright act while photocopying library documents.
- The terminals in the library are to be used only for Official reference and access to Online journals and publications. Use of this facility for recreation or entertainment should be avoided. Use of chat engines / messengers is not permitted. Only one user is permitted at a terminal and no bystanders will be allowed.
4. Borrowers, their privileges and obligations
- The books will be issued only on the physically presence of the individual.
- The privilege of individual in respect of borrowing documents is 02 books for a period of 15 days.
- Officer-in-Charge (s) may get Pharmacopoeia (s) etc. issued for Section / Division for 6 months.
- Books that are in special demand may be lent out for such shorter period as may be necessary and books lent out may be recalled at any time, if required.
- Books of reference, illustrated and rare books, special books, multi-volume collections, serial publications, newspapers, magazines and periodicals will not be issued except in odd occasions where the permission of the Lib. & Information Officer may be obtained.
- The Non-Print Materials (CDs, DVDs etc.) may not be issued generally except with the written permission of the Secretary- cum-Scientific Director.
- Marking on books/journals with pencil or ink, soiling, underlining, writing remarks on pages, folding tearing of pages, etc. in any way is strictly prohibited. The borrower will be required to pay the current cost and penalty for such offences.
- In case any book is lost or injured by the individual (s), the individual (s) shall replace the book or shall pay the current cost of replacement. If a book is one of the volumes of a set, the individual (s) may be asked to replace the whole set.
5. Renewal/Reservation of Books
- The Books will be renewed within 15 days from the date of issues for the individual. Books issued can be renewed only once. However, if there is no other demand, a book may be reissued after it is returned.
- Renewal of books will be permitted if there are no reservations against those books. For renewals, books have to be presented physically to the library.
- The loan period of a book is 15 days. The Lib. & Information Officer might call back any book at any time from an individual, even if the period of loan has not expired, in special circumstances.
- Individual (s) can reserve the books which are already issued. The reserved books, after their return, will be kept at the counter for two days for issue to those have reserved. If they fail to collect the books within two days, the books will be given to the individual (s) in the waiting list.
The amount of overdue charge counted at the rate ` 10.00 Per Book per Day by the individual failing in all the categories for late return of books/non-book materials etc. issued from the General Stacks. Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.